There could also be occasions when a latest replace to one in all your favourite apps takes away one in all your favourite options, or introduces adverts. It’s comprehensible if this makes you need to change to an older model of the app. Now chances are you’ll be considering that this could simply be carried out by downloading an APK. Properly, you’re proper, however what concerning the app knowledge? Putting in an older model might provide the desired model however at the price of your knowledge. Now in the event you don’t need to lose your knowledge however nonetheless need to have the ability to use the older model, right here is downgrade apps on Android with out shedding any knowledge:
Word: I attempted this methodology on my Moto G4 Plus (rooted) working Android 7.1.2; Mi Combine (not rooted) working Android 6.0.1; and my laptop working Home windows 10 Professional.
Earlier than we get began with the progress, there are particular issues that you have to guarantee. Given beneath is a listing of them (in no specific order).
- Set up ADB in your laptop utilizing both Minimal ADB & Fastboot or the official Google binaries. On my laptop, I put in the latter.
- Allow USB Debugging in your Android gadget. To do this, go to “About telephone” in your gadget’s settings, after which faucet on “Construct quantity” seven occasions. This could allow Developer Choices in your gadget. Head over to that, and toggle “USB debugging”.
Downgrade Apps on Android with out Root
Now that you’ve all of the conditions taken care of, you’ll be able to transfer on to the precise process. For that, observe the steps beneath.
- Obtain the specified APK of the app that you simply want to downgrade. You are able to do this by looking for it on APKMirror. I’m downloading the APK of Nova Launcher v5.3. At present, its model that I’ve on my telephone is v5.4-beta4. Now extract the ADB folder that you simply downloaded, and paste the APK there.
- Now, whereas urgent the Shift key in your keyboard, right-click anyplace on this folder. From the context menu that seems, choose “Open PowerShell window right here”.
- On this window, run the next instructions:
adb push nova.apk /sdcard/nova.apk
adb shell pm set up -r -d /sdcard/nova.apk
Word: I renamed the APK file on my laptop to the one talked about. You may substitute “nova.apk” with the identify of your APK file.
Now in the event you test the model of the app in your telephone, one can find that it has been downgraded.
SEE ALSO: 12 Cool Android 8.0 Oreo Tips You Ought to Know
Downgrade Apps on Android with Ease
Now that you understand how to downgrade apps on Android with out shedding your knowledge, you not have to fret about your favourite options being eliminated in an app. It is a quite simple methodology that anybody ought to have the ability to observe. Nonetheless, if you understand of every other methodology to downgrade Android apps, do let me know within the feedback part beneath.