With many of the tech world shifting its focus to the cloud, Microsoft Office contributed towards it by launching OneDrive (launched as SkyDrive). Taking it a step additional, the corporate determined to combine it with Microsoft Workplace utilizing an utility known as Add Middle. This comes together with any version of Workplace 2010 or later. With this, every time you use Workplace logged in with a Microsoft Office account and save a file, along with creating a neighborhood file, it can mechanically add one to your OneDrive account as nicely.
Whereas Microsoft regards it as a helpful function, most customers contemplate it as a breach to their privateness. The applying is enabled by default and has no choice accessible to show it off. That being mentioned, there are a number of workarounds to disable this. If you’re in search of the identical, listed here are a number of methods for find out how to disable Microsoft Office Workplace Add Middle:
Observe: I examined the next strategies on my laptop working Home windows 10 Professional and Microsoft Workplace Skilled Plus 2016. These ought to work for different Home windows variations like Home windows 8.1, 8, 7, as nicely with Workplace 2010 or larger.
Take away Workplace Add Middle Utilizing Registry Editor
Nearly all Home windows-related issues appear to be solvable by just a few tweaks within the Registry Editor, so why not this one. Observe the steps talked about under to know find out how to take away Microsoft Workplace Add Middle utilizing Registry Editor.
- Open Run command by urgent Home windows + R in your keyboard. Right here, kind “regedit” after which hit enter to open the Registry Editor.
- If in case you have the Handle Bar enabled right here, you’ll be able to copy and paste the trail under, and if not, you’ll need to navigate there manually.
- Right here, in the precise pane, you’ll discover a worth of kind “REG_SZ” named “OfficeSyncProcess”.
- Proper-click on this and click on on “Delete”.
- When the “Affirm Worth Delete” window pops up, click on “Sure”.
Now the subsequent time you restart your laptop, Microsoft Workplace Add Middle ought to be eliminated.
Disable Workplace Add Middle By Altering Its File Title
This technique includes renaming the executable file of Microsoft Workplace Add Middle. This manner, Home windows won’t discover the file it wants with a view to open Add Middle. To understand how to do that, observe the steps talked about under.
- Right here, search for a file named “MSOSYNC”. Rename this to something you want. I modified it to “MSOSYNC-old”.
This technique stops Add Middle for opening as Home windows won’t discover a file named “MSOSYNC” that it requires to open the appliance. If, in case, you get any error messages or need to flip Add Middle again on, rename the file to “MSOSYNC” once more and also you’ll be good to go.
Disable Microsoft Office Add Middle Utilizing Process Scheduler
This technique works provided that you utilize Workplace 2013. On this, disable the schedule for opening Microsoft Workplace Add Middle Everytime. Listed below are the steps to do this:
- Open the Run command by urgent Home windows + R in your keyboard. Right here, kind “taskschd.msc” and click on on “OK” to open Process Scheduler.
- Right here, within the left pane, click on on “Process Scheduler Library”.
- Now you’ll discover that just a few duties present up within the center pane. Go to the one which reads “Microsoft Workplace 15 Sync Upkeep for <your PC’s title>“.
- Proper-click on this job after which click on on “Disable”.
This disables the duty that schedules the working of Microsoft Workplace Add Middle. The following time you reboot your laptop, you received’t discover the appliance working.
Bonus: Conceal Workplace Add Middle From Notification Space
This technique doesn’t precisely cease the service, however stops it from exhibiting within the notification space of your laptop. If this works for you, then learn the steps under to implement it.
- Open the Begin menu and kind “Add Middle”. Then click on on it to open it.
- Within the Add Middle window, click on on “Settings”.
- Now below “Show Choices”, uncheck the field that claims “Show icon in notification space”.
This may take away the Microsoft Workplace Add Middle icon from the notification tray of your laptop, however nonetheless let the appliance work within the background.
SEE ALSO: 7 Best Free MS Paint Alternatives To Use
Disable Microsoft Workplace Add Middle in Home windows
Whereas importing your recordsdata on the cloud can are available very helpful, some suppliers provide these companies at the price of your privateness. Until you’re a OneDrive for Enterprise consumer, your information is encrypted solely throughout transit and never whereas at relaxation. Because of this Microsoft can entry your information any time they need. However now that you know the way to disable Microsoft Workplace Add Middle, you’ll be able to defend your privateness. So which technique did you go for? Do let me know within the feedback part under.