Android Oreo has been acquired with a lot fanfare. In truth, I, too, am in love with this new replace. Of all its options, I particularly love the password autofill, the notification dots, and the picture-in-picture mode. Nonetheless, Android Oreo’s launch has not been with out complaints. Loads of customers are complaining about quite a few bugs which have plagued this launch. Now, any new OS replace all the time suffers from some bugs, however, within the case of Android Oreo, the bugs are fairly annoying as they’re messing with a number of the primary features of the OS. Yet one more irritating factor about Android Oreo’s replace is that a number of the options differ relying on the gadget you’re utilizing. In case you are a Pixel proprietor, you can be receiving an replace which is each aesthetically and functionally higher than the one acquired by the house owners of the Nexus line of gadgets. That is simply unacceptable. So, in right this moment’s article, we’re going to cowl all of the Android Oreo frequent points which customers are experiencing and likewise the steps to repair them.
Word: After you replace your gadget to Android Oreo, to start with, you must restart your gadget. Though it’s a primary step, it ought to resolve a number of the minor annoyances that you’re dealing with.
1. Bluetooth Connectivity Issues
One of many main issues that customers are experiencing after updating their gadget to Android Oreo is with their Bluetooth connectivity. Customers are experiencing frequent drops within the Bluetooth connectivity because the connection has grow to be erratic and sporadic. Though a correct repair might be launched by Google, you possibly can take some steps to make sure correct functioning of your telephone’s Bluetooth.
1. In case you are experiencing Bluetooth connectivity issues even after restarting your gadget, go to the Settings web page and “Overlook” all of your linked gadgets after which reconnect them. In many of the circumstances, this could remedy all the issue. To do this, go to Settings->Related Gadgets->Bluetooth. Right here you will note an inventory of all of your linked gadgets. Faucet on the settings wheel icon current beside every of the gadget’s title and hit “Overlook”.
2. If that doesn’t remedy your downside, you possibly can attempt to reset your community settings. To do this go to Settings->System->Reset->Community Setting Reset and faucet on the “Reset Settings” button.
3. If even that doesn’t work, attempt to begin your gadget within the Secure Mode. To do this, press and maintain on the ability button for 5 seconds to carry the “Restart” and “Energy Off” button. Right here, press and maintain on the “Energy Off ” button to restart the gadget in Secure Mode. The Secure Mode will verify for any software program corruption that your gadget might need. After you’ve accomplished that, to return to the conventional mode, restart your gadget as you usually do.
Word: Restarting your gadget within the Secure Mode will take away all of your widgets, so make sure you take the screenshots of your widgets so that you just bear in mind your preferences when it’s important to add them again.
2. WiFi Connectivity Issues
Though WiFi connectivity issues haven’t been as extensively reported because the Bluetooth connectivity one, there are some customers who’re complaining about some bugs. The steps to repair your WiFi connectivity downside would be the similar as those which we simply went via. First, we are going to “Overlook” all of the saved community connections. If that doesn’t remedy the issue we are going to reset the community settings and as a final resort, we are going to attempt to restart the smartphone within the Secure Mode. Because the final two steps are the identical, I gained’t be writing them once more right here. You may simply comply with those talked about above.
1. To overlook the WiFi Networks, go to Settings->Community & Web->WiFi->Saved networks. Right here, simply faucet on the title of the saved networks one after the other and then faucet on “Overlook”. Now, reconnect to your community by typing within the password.
As talked about earlier than, steps 2 and three might be similar as that talked about within the “Bluetooth Connectivity Issues” subheading. If step one doesn’t remedy your downside, comply with them.
3. Sq. Icons on Nexus Gadgets
Whereas the Nexus gadgets are first within the line (after Pixel) to obtain the Android Oreo replace, their pleasure has been maligned by the truth that a number of the options coming to the Pixel gadgets will not be for them. I personally really feel that it’s unhealthy on Google’s half to do this, however, there’s nothing we will do about it, aside from discovering some workaround to carry again these options. One of many largest gripe of Nexus customers with this newest replace is that they’re nonetheless caught with the sq. icons. Because the Pixel launcher is unique to Pixel gadgets, there’s no strategy to get these stunning rounded icons, or, is there?
Effectively, you possibly can set up a customized APK of the Pixel launcher to get most of its options together with rounded icons, notification dots, and all kinds of stuff. What’s even cooler is that this APK will be put in on gadgets operating Marshmallow and better, permitting you to get these options even when you personal a secondary gadget which has but not been up to date to Android Oreo.
1. Simply head over to this hyperlink and obtain the APK file proven within the image and set up it. Then make it your default launcher.
2. Now, to alter the icon’s form, lengthy press on the house web page and faucet on “Settings”. Right here faucet on the “Change icon form” possibility.
3. Now, choose the “Circle” possibility to get the rounded icons. The beneath image reveals you new round icons which you get after choosing the stated possibility.
4. No Evening-Gentle
One other characteristic lacking within the Nexus gadgets which is current on the Pixel gadgets is “Evening Gentle”. Evening Gentle is a really useful characteristic which filters the blue mild popping out of your smartphone’s show, giving it a hotter hue. It’s a very useful characteristic as the hotter colors are simple in your eyes particularly within the evening time. Additionally, blue mild has been discovered to intervene with our sleeping patterns, therefore individuals utilizing their smartphones within the evening have bother sleeping. Nowadays, the Evening Gentle characteristic is natively included in virtually all of your good gadgets together with laptops (macOS and Home windows) and smartphones (iOS and Android).
As all OEM’s together with Google (Pixel) embody this blue mild filter characteristic, I actually can’t grasp the reasoning behind its elimination within the Nexus gadgets with Android Oreo replace. Fortunately, there are a few good third-party apps which can assist you try this. In case your gadget just isn’t rooted, you must go together with Twilight (Free/$2.99). Nonetheless, in case you have a rooted gadget, the ever fashionable, “f.lux” (Free) offers you extra management. In case you are on the lookout for some extra choices, you possibly can try our article which lists the perfect of them.
5. No Auto-Allow WiFi in Non-Pixel Gadgets
Whereas we’re on the subject of options which Google stored unique to their Pixel gadgets, right here’s yet another. There’s no toggle which permits the gadget to robotically allow WiFi when you’re close by a saved community. I don’t know why Google stored this characteristic unique to Pixels, however it’s what it’s. However, you don’t have to fret a lot, as there’s an app which might assist you to just do that.
Obtain the “Good WiFi Toggler” app from the Play Retailer and it’ll do the give you the results you want. Not solely that, the app additionally disables your smartphone’s WiFi whenever you transfer out of the vary of your saved WiFi networks. Simply launch the app and it’ll information you thru its easy and straightforward set-up course of. As soon as you’re accomplished with the setup, the app will work flawlessly.
6. Persistent “Apps Operating in Background” Notification
One of many annoying issues that include Android O are persistent notifications which hold informing you each time an app is operating within the background. Though it’s good to see that data, we don’t get the power to take away that notification. All we will do is to snooze the notification. These persistent notifications are very annoying, to say the least. Fortunately there’s a method which you should use to take away the notifications for good. So, if you’re prepared, let’s get via the steps.
Word: This tutorial was initially posted by Marco Stornelli on a Reddit thread. He’s a developer of many free Tasker plugins (an app which we’re going to use right this moment).
1. First, set up the “Tasker“($2.99) app and the “Notification Listener” (Free) app from the Play Retailer. Now, obtain the Tasker Profile wanted to activate this characteristic. The profile was made by Marco himself, and you’ll obtain it by tapping on this hyperlink.
2. Open Tasker, and faucet on “Duties”. Now, faucet on Duties once more to carry the import menu. Faucet on it to import the XML file that we downloaded.
3. Faucet on the arrow current on the highest proper nook and navigate to the downloaded file and import it.
4. Now, you must be capable of see your imported file within the “Duties” tab. Now, faucet on the “Profiles” tab.
5. Right here, press the plus button on the backside proper nook after which faucet on “Occasion”.
6. Now, on the pop-up card, faucet on “Tasker” after which choose “Monitor Begin”.
7. Press the again button after which choose the “Snooze” activity that we already imported. Upon getting accomplished that, Tasker will cease any persistent notifications from displaying up in your smartphone.
What actually taking place right here is that the Tasker profile we created snoozes the “app is operating within the background” persistent notifications for a really very long time (some thousand of years). This ensures that, you gained’t see that notification ever once more.
7. Battery Points
Among the customers are additionally complaining about getting decrease screen-on time after updating their gadgets to Android Oreo. Though I haven’t skilled this downside on my gadget, if such an issue persists, you’ll have to watch for a correct replace to repair this downside on the OS degree. Within the meantime, you possibly can prolong your smartphone’s battery life by utilizing the in depth battery optimisation choices supplied in Android Oreo.
1. To handle your battery settings, go to Settings->Battery and you can find a complete lot of choices right here.
2. Right here you get the choice to allow the Battery saver, set the sleep time, and prohibit app’s background course of by utilizing the “Pressure Cease” button.
SEE ALSO: 12 Cool Android 8.0 Oreo Tips You Ought to Know
Android Oreo Frequent Points and Their Fixes
The article covers all the main points reported by customers who’ve put in Android O on their respective gadgets. Though, there are another points too, however since they don’t seem to be that extensively reported, they didn’t make the reduce. In case you are additionally experiencing any such points which aren’t on the listing, tell us within the feedback part beneath. We are going to attempt our greatest to search out their fixes and add them there. If too a lot of you report the identical downside, we are going to replace the article to incorporate the repair.